Hometown Rewards with Interest Checking
At The Clay City Banking Company, we reward you for banking locally. Our Hometown Rewards with Interest Checking account will earn you up to 1.01% APY* when you do some easy banking basics. We're talking using your debit card and signing up for e-Statements — it's really that simple! You'll also get ATM refunds, so you can travel the country without missing out on access to your cash.
- Checking that pays you in high interest
- If qualifications are met:
- 1.00% (1.01% APY* up to $25,000.00)
- 0.25% Interest Rate $25,000.01 and above (1.01% - 0.29% APY* depending on balance)
- ATM refunds up to $25 per statement cycle (international ATM fee refunds not included)
- If qualifications are not met:
- 0.15% APY* for all balances
- No monthly service fee
- No minimum balance requirements
- Unlimited check writing
- Free online banking & bill pay
- Free mobile banking
- Mobile deposit available
- Free e-Statements
- Free debit card
- Hometown Round Up Saver program available
- $100 minimum deposit to open
The following qualifications are your ticket to earning major rewards. Make sure you do each of the following each statement cycle:
- Have 12 debit card transactions that post and settle (not counting ATM transactions)
- Receive statement monthly electronically
If you missed a statement cycle, don't worry. You'll still earn our base interest rate for all balances.
*Annual Percentage Yield.
Hometown Rewards with Interest Checking – If qualifications are met each monthly statement cycle: (1) Domestic ATM fees incurred during the monthly statement cycle will be reimbursed up to $25 and credited to the account on the last day of monthly statement cycle; (2) balances up to $25,000 receive APY of 1.01%; and (3) balances over $25,000 earn 0.25% interest rate on the portion of the balance over $25,000, resulting in 1.01% - 0.29% APY depending on the balance. If qualifications are not met all balances earn 0.15% APY. Qualifying transactions must post and settle during the monthly statement cycle. Transactions may take one or more banking days from the date transaction was made to post and settle account. ATM-processed transactions do not count toward qualifying debit card transactions. The advertised APY is based on compounding interest. APYs are accurate as of 03/17/2020. Rates may change after account is opened. Limit one account per Social Security Number.